Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ramblings

Well, American Idol last night was much better than the recent rehash of the Beatles. A couple of standout performances (to ME) from Syesha, Brooke, Michael and David Cook. I did like David A, and Carly, Chickeze and Jason were okay. Ramielle and Kristy were not favorites. I keep expecting Ramielle to belt it out and last night was the closest she's gotten to doing it... I was disappointed. Kristy did okay with her patriotic song, dressed like Marcia Brady (!), but it was too little, too late for me. I won't watch the results show tonight since VT is playing again in the NIT, but then I never do like watching the results shows. How long does it take to eliminate one singer?! Apparently a whole hour, ugh. Nevermind all that filler stuff, just give me the last five minutes and I'm good.
Today Bill and Steven are going to visit York College in PA. It's a good 3 hours away. Decent premed type program which is what Steven thinks he'd be interested in. Cracks me up - premed. Puh-leeze, the kid has no idea of the amount of work he'd be in for. It's not like he's that much of a student right now either, and definitely he's not an aggressive go-getter. But at least he's thinking about it a little, and if this is what he's come up with for an interest, then great. Like many, if not most, college students, he'll probably change his mind once he gets going with classes. Heck, I was 100% certain that I wanted to major in Chemistry in college. I graduated with a BA in History instead.  But, I'm really hoping that after his visit today, he'll prefer Virginia Tech. I would LOVE for both boys to be at VT. Love it. They wouldn't even be in the same school there, and would have to make a point to see each other since by the time Steven gets there, Will would be off-campus so it's not like they would be on top of each other or anything. But it's such a great school, and if Steven changes his mind on what he wants to do at VT, they have EVERYTHING! Oh well, I refuse to push him into what I want, so this opinion is on the downlow (is that really a word?). 

1 comment:

DrillerAA said...

Nope, not gonna buy a Mac. Nope, not gonna do it. No, no, no.
It's not that I don't want to you understand.

Enjoy the college selection process. Ours was a no brainer. Our daughter wanted to go to U of Arkansas. It's only about 30minutes from the house. Well, those days are gone and now the Grandcrew fills everyone's time.