Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Daddy! I love you.

Happy Father's Day, Bill! You are a wonderful dad to our kids.

Steven and I went to the nursery yesterday and picked out a pretty plum tree with purple leaves. Steven wanted to get the bigger tree (never mind that it costs more) because it looked fuller. Well, about the time they were loading it onto the pickup was about the time my second thoughts started kicking in. When we got home, it took the three of us to get it off the truck and into a wheelbarrow - the third thoughts kicked in big-time. Then Bill comes out to take a look and decide where he wants it to go. Well, to make a long story short, the tree is going to be quite large, it needs lots of sun, and there is no room in the yard to put it without cutting down another tree. Looks like I may have to take it back :(( It's my fault, I should have listened to that little voice and/or done my research. How come my spur-of-the-moment big purchases backfire and his don't?! That's so annoying.

*Update: we took the stupid tree back. I heard so much complaining about all the work it would take to cut the other tree down and dig the hole and all he wanted to do was relax on Father's Day, blah, blah, blah. Hmph, how come I still have to do dishes, laundry, and kid-care routines on Mother's Day? That's okay, like I said, it won't happen again.

No comments: