Saturday, September 13, 2008

One Block Wonder variation

Sorry my break from blogging lasted so long. I always get a little bummed out when I get back from vacation....

I did work on another One Block Wonder quilt while I was at mom's. Remember this fabric I got while I was working on the black one block wonder?


All pink and green, right?! Well, I decided to embrace the pink, ha. I wanted to do another one-block wonder, but didn't want to do as much work. Here I used only 4 repeats of the pattern and cut 4 1/2" strips out, then 4 1/2" squares out of the strips. I think I ended up with 45 completed 8 1/2" squares. I only used 42 of the squares (the quilt is 6 rows by 7 rows).


The sashing in between the squares is 2 1/2" strips with 2 1/2" cornerstone squares.


I had just enough of the pink left over to make a 4" border. I made 4 extra squares for the corners of the border by using the little pieces from each strip that were about 3" or less in size (too small to cut another 4 1/2" square). These smaller squares were cut down in size to fit the border. The pattern was still big enough to be interesting at that smaller size.

No comments: